We Handle A Range Of Business and Commercial Disputes
At Tomlinson & Shapiro, P.C., our lawyers represent Chicagoland clients in cases involving:
- Partnership/Business Owner Disputes: Disputes among partners or co-owners of a commercial endeavor can be a costly hindrance to a business’s goals. We resolve disputes between business owners and between partners efficiently and favorably for our clients, whether through mediation, negotiation or courtroom litigation.
- Federal and State Appeals: It is common to think of litigation as over once the trial is concluded. However, many cases are not definitively decided until the case goes through the appeals process. Having a legal team experienced in handling appeals is critical to your success in this regard.
- Fiduciary Duties: Whether you have suffered a loss due to a breach of fiduciary duty or are defending against a claim, we can provide you with the skilled representation you need.
- General Contract Litigation: Whatever type of contract dispute or business tort claim you face, we are here to help you devise creative strategies for reaching a favorable outcome.
- Statutory Fraud (Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act): We handle disputes and litigation involving the Illinois Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act.
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC): Our lawyers represent clients in disputes and litigation regarding UCC-regulated transactions, which generally include contracts and transactions involving various goods.
These are just a few of the types of disputes our lawyers handle. We also have experience handling employee disputes and other cases that require negotiation and litigation.